11.11.15

BLUE HOLE

 photo P1040798_zpsqm3b27gq.jpg photo P1040833_zpssqnod1qv.jpg photo P1040888_zpspd9cs2e3.jpg photo P1050108_zpsuo4av9i3.jpg photo P1440407_zpsy8iglpun.jpg photo P1440557_zpsznchixvr.jpg photo P1440508_zpsgzljmdk7.jpg

One of the activities in Vanuatu that gained the most attention on my instagram posts (@emmalucey) was visiting the Blue Holes. I was lucky enough to see two while we were on Espiritu Santo - Nanda and Riri Riri. 

The Blue Holes are a natural creation, formed when springs of fresh water rise to the surface cutting through the limestone. Nanda is considered the most beautiful blue hole in Vanuatu and if you're looking for colour and clarity then I completely agree! You can see little schools of fish swimming around and diving down to the bottom. We took a canoe ride along a river to reach Riri Riri and I would also recommend this as the depth of the river changes as you paddle up to the blue hole - it's so interesting to watch the bottom as you go along through the forest. 

emma

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a place looks like something out of a book! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks AMAZING! I've been slightly obsessed with Vanuatu since I read a book about it in High School (a satirical diary type novel). These images have me aching even more to go!

    XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make me smile!
Leave a comment or a question and I'll try reply here or leave your blog.com and I'll visit you sometime.
Thank you dearest.